The Applanga String Management and Editor Interface can include screenshots of an app so translators, reviewers, and testers alike can see and even navigate through the app screen by screen. This helps them better understand your app design, the overall user journey, and get a feeling for how much space is available for translated strings. With better context, screenshots on Applanga can help you get more accurate translations quickly.
Adding screenshots to Applanga can become overwhelming if there is no automation in place to capture the screens in the beginning. If your development team doesn't have the resources to automate screenshot generation and upload, this guide will help you upload screenshots in manageable batches via the dashboard.
There are two options for uploading screens to Applanga without any automation. Users can add screenshots to a project via Draft Mode or by manual upload.
- Each screen on Applanga requires a tag. See the Applanga Tags article to learn more.
- Screens will display in order of upload with the most recently added displaying first.
- It is recommended to upload a couple of screens at a time - this makes the process more manageable and allows users to double check their manual screenshot uploads.
Option 1 - Manual Upload
If your app is not integrated via the Applanga SDK, you can manually upload screenshots to Applanga.
Open the Editor of your Applanga project in the base language
Click the Screens icon on the side menu then click +Add Screen
Drag & Drop or Browse Files to upload a screenshot
Complete the required information in the Upload Screenshot dialog box then click Upload
- Mark the checkbox below a field to overwrite the pre-populated value
- Mark the checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box to enable OCR - this will try to find strings on the screenshot with image recognition (OCR.) These are fuzzy matches and may not find all strings on a given screen
Use the Search to find strings from the uploaded screenshot
Mark the checkbox next to the string, then tag the string with the tag for a given screen
Click the Screens icon on the side menu or click on the screen thumbnail to review the uploaded screen
Repeat steps 1 through 7 to gradually upload all app screens to the Applanga Project (Users can follow these same steps to upload translated screens to the project.)
Option 2 - Draft Mode Upload
- Your app must be integrated with an Applanga SDK for mobile frameworks.
- You must download your app to an iOS or Android device. Please note some Android devices do not support the required multi-touch features.
- Draft Mode must be enabled for the Applanga project. See the Draft Mode article for more details.
Open your app in Draft Mode with the Draft Mode key using the steps outlined in the Draft Mode article
Once the App in open in Draft Mode, follow the steps outlined in the Screenshot Upload article to generate and upload a few screens to the Applanga project
- Users can create tags on the dashboard first or create tags as screenshots are captured
Navigate to the project on the Applanga Dashboard
Click the Screens button on the left-hand side-menu to confirm screenshot upload
Click the Arrow icons to drag and drop the screens into the correct order (This will allow users to navigate through screens sequentially while using the In-Context Editor)
Repeat steps 1 through 5 to gradually upload all app screens to the Applanga Project (Users can follow these same steps to upload translated screens to the project.)
Want to learn more about Screenshots on Applanga? See the Working with Screenshots article.